Staged Collision Investigation
Insurance fraud is a significant cost to the insurance industry, leading to unwarranted claim payments and increases to customer insurance premiums. FAIS specialises in the forensic investigation of fraudulent insurance claims.
Methodology for Fraud Investigations Include:
- Detailed and meticulous examination of the vehicle damage to identify whether vehicles collided with each other, directions of travel, whether a vehicle was moving or stationary when the impact occurred
- Cosmetic condition of the vehicle and previous repair work to identify possible motives for a fraudulent claim
- Mechanical Inspection
- Examination of airbags and seat belts to determine vehicle occupancy
- Download and analysis of recorded Crash Data and fault data, using the latest diagnostic software
- Scene examination
- Review and critique of driver interviews and witness statements to show consistency between driver accounts and physical evidence
Forensic Accident Investigation Services are committed to providing professional, impartial and objective forensic collision and incident reconstruction services.