Forensic Vehicle Examination
A detailed forensic examination of the vehicle(s) is a key element in the reconstruction process.
The examination includes assessment of the damage profiles, the condition of the tyres and a mechanical examination of the vehicle.
The interior of the vehicle is inspected to identify:
- Use of seat belts, deployment of restraint systems
- Evidence to correctly position occupants in the vehicle
- Evidence of contact areas inside the cabin to assess occupant injury mechanisms
Key benefits of vehicle inspections include:
- Assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle and the extent to which any defects may have contributed to the collision
- Identification of the Principal Direction of Forces involved in the collision using crush analysis
- Measurement of damage to reconstruct the interaction between the vehicles and their directions of travel
- Comparisons between the physical evidence and the drivers account of the collision
- Accurate damage assessment in the cases of fraudulent insurance claims
Forensic Accident Investigation Services are committed to providing professional, impartial and objective forensic collision and incident reconstruction services.